To manage the design and delivery of grid connection assets for Elgin Energy’s pipeline of solar and storage projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of Elgin Energy’s project pipeline to energisation by providing electrical engineering guidance and management throughout the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Report to senior management on progress of all grid connection construction activities across the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with each jurisdiction’s network operators’ design engineers and project delivery teams.
- Review, in conjunction with the wider Elgin team, contractor designs, processes and commercial proposals.
- Provide technical advice to the senior management team to ensure all grid connection factors during the build process are appropriately considered and risk assessed and that the most efficient, cost effective and safe proposals are pursued in line with company requirements
- Proactively identify and solve problems as they arise, taking preventative measures to avoid risks to the project schedule and budget. Manage and report on deviations from project schedules, budgets or scope.
- Support project construction and commissioning activities by co-ordinating and witnessing testing activities, analysing plant performance, and working pro-actively with Network Operators to resolve issues.
- Co-ordinate with the Construction Lead to ensure safe, efficient and cost effective delivery of the grid connection elements of the pipeline and to progressively establish sound CDM standards, systems and procedures for Elgin Energy’s construction activities.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Lead to develop tender documentation and to support the negotiation of safe, efficient and cost-effective contracts for project delivery
- Co-ordinate with Engineering Lead to ensure projects are constructed in line with approved designs and associated technical documentation and to develop and report on the implementation of Company QAQC procedures on-site
- Co-ordinate with H&S Manager to ensure contractors, their sub-contractors and/or agents carry out all activities in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Elgin Energy finance team to determine and optimise financial modelling inputs to maximise project value.