A full-time permanent role, joining an existing legal team of four solicitors and one legal executive.
This is a broad role within the legal team and as Elgin Energy grows it is likely that the role will evolve and change with the business.
Initially the role will involve assisting with all aspects of Elgin Energy’s operations with a particular focus on project contracts, energy, funding and corporate sales including:
- providing dedicated legal support on power generation projects including solar PV, battery storage and voltage optimisation;
- supporting the construction, asset management and trading teams in drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of complex commercial, project development, construction, operations, and/or offtake contracts across all jurisdictions;
- providing commercially focussed legal advice, and developing and maintaining a strong and current understanding of the renewable industry;
- advising on general business law issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, pre-construction consents, regulatory, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- liaising with the internal teams in reviewing due diligence reports ;
- supporting with development funding, project finance and other funding arrangements;
- assisting in corporate matters including joint ventures, asset sales and disposals;
- reviewing and advising on commercial contracts such as NDA, letters of engagement and agreements with third party suppliers;
- providing ad hoc advice on a range of issues, and
- managing and instructing external counsel.
- Qualified solicitor ideally with 3-6 years strong post qualification experience obtained in a top tier Irish or international firm or in-house.
- Experience in one of the following desirable: energy, construction/projects, financing, corporate, or and other related energy work.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating complex commercial and/or corporate contracts.
- Detail oriented and meticulous with excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organisational skills.
- A high level of motivation and a friendly manner to enable effective and positive engagement with colleagues, external legal counsel and key stakeholders.
- The ability to work proactively and within a team, with an ability to prioritise tasks.
- A flexible approach to work to be undertaken.
- You can maintain a clear head and efficient manner throughout periods of increased pressure, and are accustomed to a fast-paced working environment, acting with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines spanning multiple and complex legal projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to share the cultural values: of integrity excellence and agility.